Am I A Candidate for TMS?
AM I A CANDIDATE FOR TMS TREATMENT?
TMS has been recommended by the American Psychiatric Association since 2010 and FDA cleared since 2008 for the treatment of major depressive disorder. TMS has been proven to be clinically effective in treating anxiety and post-traumatic stress disorders. You should consider TMS as a treatment option if two or more of the following apply to you:
- Do you take multiple anti-depressant medications?
- Are medications failing to provide adequate relief from your depression, anxiety or PTSD?
- Are you having trouble tolerating the side effects your medications?
- Is your depression, anxiety or PTSD still affecting your quality of life?
- Have you recently relapsed into a depressive episode, and are not responding to medication that was previously effective?
The world’s largest TMS trial to date found that 62% of the patients responded to the treatment†, and 36% achieved full remission.
(1Blumberger et al, 2018, The Lancet: THREE-D: a randomised non-inferiority trial)
†: Treatment response is defined as a >50% reduction in depressive symptoms.
Give us a call today for a free phone consultation and find out if TMS is right for you.